Thursday, August 9, 2012

DIY Earring Holder



Photobucket

Here is the earring holder I made today also, it did not take long and was super easy. Hope you guys like it!

Photobucket

First I started with a frame, I spray painted this one white.


Photobucket

Then I brushed some tan across it to make it look more distressed.

Photobucket

Next I cut out my chicken wire (I got over 2 feet for around $14 at Lowes) around the back of the frame.

Photobucket

I couldn't decide it I wanted to paint the back of the frame, or cover it in scrapbook paper or fabric. There are so many options, but I went ahead and painted it to be quick.

Photobucket

I started with white, then did a light layer of brown and blue.

Photobucket

The frame looked to white against the background so I gave it a sweep of dark brown and a light layer of some black. It gave the plastic frame a look of worn wood that I loved!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I used a flat head to push the chicken wire and the back into the picture frame.
Photobucket

Add your earrings and your done!

No comments:

Post a Comment