Wednesday, November 14, 2012

DIY Deer Silhouette


Photobucket

I am in the process of Christmas decorating! I love this time of year. I have a long list of things to make, as they get done i'll be sure to put them up for you guys. Here is a very easy tutorial for a deer silhouette. Enjoy!

Photobucket

To start, I looked online for a deer silhouette, and just free handed an outline onto some computer paper taped together (Fancy I know). Then I cut it out, and laid it down on some pallet wood I cut to size and traced.

Photobucket

Then I painted the deer a few coats of white and filled in the background with some dark wood stain. I think this is the first piece I've done that I have not sanded and distressed. It really does not need it, it turned out beautiful! Im going to try a horse silhouette next for my son's room.


    


Beyond The Picket Fence

7 comments:

  1. I love it! Great Job!
    Love Aunt Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. Love this idea!

    Just found your blog today and became your newest follower. Can't wait to see what you do next. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tasha! That's great! I'm still new to the blog world, and have a lot to learn but I'm glad I am inspiring people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is great! and I want to make one. Did you stain or paint the dear first?
    thanks so much!
    My son is a captain in the Air Force. What branch is your husband in?
    http://crystalscreations-stillwatersgallery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS!!! Gonna have to try it! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is actually a nice one it assists new
    web viewers, who are wishing for blogging.


    Here is my web blog; Raspberry Ketones Max

    ReplyDelete